Ian Alexander (founder of SLO Computers) is a Computer Engineering Major at California Polytechnic University in San Luis Obispo, California. He has been building and fixing computers since the age of 12. As a Sophomore at Berkeley High School, he started selling custom gaming computers under the name “Berkeley Custom Computers”. After graduating High School, he decided to continue studying computers at Cal Poly, and worked part time at Computer Courage in Berkeley, as a Tech/Web Designer. Ian has decided to bring his repair services to the San Luis Obispo area as “SLO Computers”.
We firmly believe that if something is designed right, it shouldn’t need a manual. A product of this nature would be simple yet effective, and most of all dependable. However computers do not typically abide by this ideal, and therefore break on a consistent basis. Many people have no experience fixing computers, or simply don’t have the time to do it themselves. That’s where we come in. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff know that your computer is an important part your daily life, so we follow a few basic rules when performing our services:
- Be Professional: We work in an efficient manner, in a clean workplace, and always take the utmost precautions when working.
- Be Thorough: We don’t skip steps. We do it right the first time, and if something goes wrong within two weeks, we take care of it for free.
- Be a Student: We continue to invest our own time in finding new ways to solve problems. We do our best to keep up with a continually changing industry so that you always get the most up-to-date solutions.
- Be a Teacher: All of our services include a one-on-one lesson on how to keep your computer safe and prevent future issues. You will walk away feeling in control of your computer, not the other way around.
- Be Fair: Last but certainly not least, we will not rip you off in any way shape or form. We’ll tell you exactly what we’re doing, what you are paying for, and why it costs that much. We won’t pressure you into buying things you don’t need, and we’ll always recommend the most up-to-date solutions for your problems.